November is a world vegan month, here is why I’m taking part and living on a plant-based diet:
1. It’s an opportunity to eat better.
2. It’s an opportunity to think more about my diet, nutrition and how I eat.
3. It’s a simple way to cut back on saturated fat in milk, meat and eggs.
4. Someone on a plant-based diet typically has lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol and lower rates of heart disease. (1)
5. People on plant-based diets or who eat occasional meat typically live 5 years longer than the general population.(2)
I’ve been living on a plant-based diet for just over a month now and feel great…
I challenge you to do the same 🙂
(1) Alexander, S et al 2017 Journal of geriatric cardiology 2017 May; 14(5): 327–330: A plant-based diet and hypertension
(2) Appleby P et al. 2015 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Mortality in vegetarians and comparable nonvegetarians in the United Kingdom